Saturday, July 26, 2008

ROAD RIDING

Today Randy and I went on a road bike ride. I forgot how enjoyable it is to ride on the road. I'm so used to riding the trainer at home and have not taken the time in a long time to ride the Queen K. We rode almost 24 miles out to the veterans cemetery and back. I thought I would do terrible on the hills since I don't ride those on my trainer, but I thought I did pretty well. I even passed a man on a hill. Whoo Hoo. I usually don't pass anyone on hills.

We bought our airline tickets today for San Diego. Our son, Daniel, is graduating from boot camp on Sept. 5th, so we are spending a week there. I'm getting excited. Our motel even has a pool so we can get in plenty of swimming while we're there. One of our other sons who lives in Oregon may also fly down for the graduation and it will be so nice to see him. It's hard having him live so far away. We don't get to see him too often.

I decided I'm going to start riding on the road every Saturday so maybe I'll see some of you out there.

2 comments:

Randy said...

"That man" was me, lol ... Way to rip up those hills today Karen.

Debbie said...

Hey Karen, Hi,I am so excited that you guys get to go to San Diego. Are you flying straight into San Diego or are you flying into Portland. Kim and I will be in California the 4th - 6th. If you are driving thru maybe we can meet for a nice cool soda or something. Marilyn and Robert are flying to Oregon on the 12th of August and staying thru the 19th. They will probably stay with me mostly but they are planning to go see Forest, Stacey, Andrew and their new baby girl Faith. I'm excited to see them too. Hope I get to see you guys while you are around. I just sent Daniel another letter. I recieved one from him Friday. It was very nice. Keep bikin'!!!