Saturday, July 5, 2008

ENJOYING THE RUN

If what you did yesterday still looks big to you today, then you must not have done anything today.
Author unknown

I'm actually beginning to enjoy running. Yay! I've been hating the run part of the tri but Wednesday morning I had swimming 101 so I got to sleep in for an extra 45 minutes. I woke up before the alarm went off, saw it was light out, and my first thought was disappointment that I woke up too late to go running, before realizing that it was a swim day and not a run day.

I ran Thursday and Friday mornings and REALLY enjoyed it. Hualalai is actually fun now instead of an impossible hill. My HR is getting lower each time I run up it. The first time it was 181 the whole way up the hill. The last few times I ran it, my max HR was 164 and that was only on the steepest parts of the hill.

I really wanted to run today, but Saturdays are my day off from running, so Randy and I went swimming and then I rode my indoor trainer. But watch out tomorrow. Hualalai, here I come.

3 comments:

BreeWee said...

Hope you had fun running today...did you run??
Happy 4th to you and the family (late :))

Fish has Legs said...

Okay, what did you write to me??????????????? I dont understand french.

I got your email by the way!

LeAnn

Debbie said...

Karen I am very Proud of You.Glad you are starting to enjoy your training. Keep up the great work.