Sunday, July 13, 2008

TRANSITION PRACTICE

Today we had our transition day. We swam for 5 minutes, rode trainers for 5 minutes, ran 5 minutes, then back for another two rounds.
Dawn Henry brought a couple of trainers for people that didn't bring one, Gatorade, sunblock and stayed with the bikes while we trained. She even put flowers on our bikes while we were swimming.
Thank you so much Dawn.

I had a great time. I learned that I need to do a LOT of transition practice. It takes me way to long to transition from the swim to the bike.
My bike shoes need to be traded in for something that are easier to put on. Going from the bike to the run was so easy.
I was proud of myself that it only took a couple of seconds to switch shoes. I had just taken off for the run when I heard Randy call me. I looked back and he told me I was still wearing my bike helmet. My face must have turned 10 shades of red. Oh well, that's what today is all about. Practicing transitions. So the next time around, I went from the swim to the bike okay. It still took too long. Then from the bike to the run, I pulled off one of my socks. Embarrassed, I put my sock back on but it gave me time to remember to take off the helmet. Dawn had me leave my bike shorts on for the last swim. It did save a few seconds in transition.

From bike to run I did it again. Why do I have to pull off those darn socks. Maybe I should bike/run without them. My feet get so sweaty though when I train without them.
Overall, I learned that I still need A LOT of training before I do any real triathlons!

6 comments:

Randy said...

You looked good out there Karen. Good job and way to work toward your goals. I'm proud of you.

Fish has Legs said...

Im proud of you too! I like the pictures of you.

Debbie said...

Karen, this storie is amazing. I love how stoked I get to do my own little version of training. Now I need to figure out what to transition to from pilates. Your pictures look great. I'm sorry but I did chuckle about your helmet.I enjoy reading all of your stories. You make it so easy to be there with you. I swear I could hear you panting. Great Job. I, also, am very proud of you.

Mary Eggers said...

You are ready now sister! Go for it! :-) Mary

Fish has Legs said...

I miss that Kona pool...

Fish has Legs said...

I know, I havent been on the other side. Im reading the book still. Got tons of things in my head but cant put it down on words...ever had that happen to you? Hows the tri training going on?