Saturday, July 12, 2008

TRANSITION DAY

Tomorrow, Sunday July 13, there is a transition day at the pool. We will swim 5 minutes, ride (on trainers) for 5 minutes then run for 5 minutes. Then back to the pool for another round or more. I think it's a great way to practice the transition for triathlons.

Janet Miller from Bike Works, and Dawn Henry, massage therapist, planned this for women triathletes of all levels.

Janet and Dawn are encouraging women triathletes to participate in the Na Wahine Sprint Triathlon/Duathlon on Sept. 14, 2008, on Oahu but you don't have to do the Triathlon to participate in the transition day.

Coming up later, there will be a women's bike time trial.

If you live on the Big Island or are just visiting, and want to join us, we are meeting at the Kona Aquatics pool at 8:30 am. Bring your bike, your swim gear and your bike and running shoes, and any other gear you would need for a triathlon. Also, if you have a bike trainer, bring it.

I hope to see you there.

More tomorrow on how the transition practice went.

2 comments:

Fish has Legs said...

Im giving myself til December. Then Ill decide where I want to go.

Are you planning to do the sprint tri? I heard it was fun.

Debbie said...

Hey I think I'll try to make it to the training tommorrow. I just don't know if my trainer can come. LOL, seriously though, thanks for the invite. I have written more letters to Daniel so he may have my address by now. Oh, by the way, I have a block up for that silly song so it won't get stuck in my head again. Oh great its coming back, ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I'll post some photos of Chelsea's Wedding in a while, It was a Hoot.