Sunday, July 6, 2008

SUNDAY RUN

"It's never too late to become what you might have been".
George Elliot

I discovered today that I am a morning runner. I love running in the morning.

We decided to go kayaking this morning so I didn't run until late afternoon. My HR was much higher this afternoon than during the early morning runs. I did beat my best time on the Hualalai loop by 32 seconds (not by much, but hey, it was better) but I just didn't enjoy the run as much as my morning runs.




Almost home from my Sunday afternoon run.







There's hardly any traffic during the early morning, and the Queen K part of my run is usually in the dark where people won't see me. There were so many cars on the Queen K this afternoon and I'm sure I heard people laughing as they drove by, at the overweight lady attempting to run.

Mornings are cooler, more invigorating, a good waker upper and I have so much more energy afterward. It's the BEST way to start the day.

Anyway, no matter what time I run, or bike, or swim, I'm just glad I'm doing it. One year ago, I would have never thought that I would get into triathlons or try to compete in any kind of race, but here I am, actually enjoying the training, and if I never compete in any tri's, (I hope I do) I will still enjoy the early morning run.

6 comments:

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Si vous continuez à courir le chemin Hualalai, vous pourriez devenir beaucoup plus mince! Pour le moment, faîtes attention aux genoux sur les collines!
A vous cordiàlement, Bruce

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I am no expert in physiology, but by training and eating well, you should reach a "normal" body weight with time. As for the knees, what I was trying to say was that pounding downhills may damage your knees, especially if you are carrying extra weight. Its perhaps like me running downhill carrying a fairly large backpack!

Debbie said...

I Think you look great. You are really Tan,Because of you I have started doing pilates again and I also look forward to each workout. They are not as hard as your training, but I struggle quite a bit for now. Be careful out there!!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ariel said...

hey, thats great that they are in the same platoon... i miss them both so much. that kinda stinks for Josh though. I hope he gets better, or healed. but ya, maybe we can ride together or somtin. tomorrow i have a 1 hr and 30 minute bike ride if you would like to ride. I'll stop by your place in the mornin, I get up early, I'll probly come around 7, i dont have your number anymore :( ... need a knew working phone. but keep up the great work karen. luv you guys bunches and let daniel and isaac know they need to come home.

miss ya

Ariel

Mary Eggers said...

You be proud of yourself and your body Karen.That's a body that brought five children into this world. How many people can say that. You run on that Queen K and you be proud of who you are, you are Karen the athlete, the Mom, the wife and so much more. And you go ahead and sign up for a triathlon...... let NOTHING HOLD YOU BACK.

"I like to begin with the thought that nothing is impossible, then anything is posisble from there."

:-) Mary