Sunday, June 22, 2008

SUNNY SKIES, CALM SEAS AND OLD A

This morning Randy and I swam buoys at the pier. The swells weren't too bad, and the water was crystal clear. After swimming went for a hard run up Hualalai. At least it was for me. My HR was at 181 the whole way up. It wasn't anything for Randy since he runs this course a lot. I'm sure I ran too slow for him, but he was a good sport and ran my speed.

After we rested for a bit we took Rebecca to Old A so she could practice in her wheelchair for the Kona marathon fun run.

If you haven't been to the Old A walking path lately, you should go check it out. They have been doing a lot of work there since the last vandalism. It looks better than ever. They even have a covered exercise station with fitness equipment.
You can also 'adopt' a plot of ground to beautify for yourself. You can plant trees, flowers, even add some outdoor decor. Several people have been doing this either as individuals, groups or clubs. Once a month they have a beautification day where people join together to weed plots and just to clean up the path and area. You can click here www.friendsforfitness.org for more information.

4 comments:

Randy said...

Hills are hard for everyone. I didn't run your speed, that was all the faster I could go, too.

Debbie said...

Wow it sounds so beautiful where you are training. Must be so great . Keep up the good work.

Fish has Legs said...

Hi Karen,

Nope, Im not going anywhere but just 'taking a walk in the garden' if you know what I mean.
BTW, Toby Keith is coming here on Friday...dont know if you like him but I have to work...darn!

Have a great day!
LeAnn

BreeWee said...

karen I am so happy you started a blog! Thank you so much for your prayers while in Japan...!

I am so excited to see Becca doing the half marathon! Hope Randy is getting excited too! Should be a blast!