Wednesday, June 18, 2008

MOTIVATIONAL TRAINING

I believe that everyone should have a Randy in their life to keep them motivated to keep up with their training. He's extremely motivating. He makes you WANT to train, even if you're exhausted and don't feel like it.

It all boils down to this.

He will come home from work for dinner every evening and ask if I trained. If I say no, he gives me 'the look'. He doesn't say anything. He doesn't have to. That look he gives says it all. It's like I better make sure I train just so I don't get that look. As if that isn't enough to make sure I train it didn't take too long to figure out that I better make sure that I trained long enough because if I tell him that yes, I did train, his next question is "how long?"

I noticed it tonight with Rebecca our daughter. She's training for the wheelchair race at the Kona marathon. When he came home for dinner, he asked her if she practiced with her wheelchair. He had that same look that he gives me. I know she noticed it too because even though she didn't practice, she got a sheepish look on her face and gave her excuse that she used her manual chair to check the mail instead of her electric mobility scooter. I'm sure that tomorrow she'll make sure she practices before he comes home.

I love you Randy and thank you for being my motivation. Even though I joke about it, I really do appreciate that you keep me going. So keep asking if I worked out, and keep those looks coming when I say I didn't, because that really is my motivation.

4 comments:

Randy said...

Maybe I should use a mirror to motivate myself ...

I call that look "Blue Steel." Who do you think taught it to Derek Zoolander?

And p.s. I don't really give you a look. I'm just asking. It's your own guilty conscience that you are seeing ... LOL.

Karen said...

You're so funny and you're probably right about the look. It's not a mean look or a mad look, it's just a look that leaves me feeling extremely guilty. :)

Fish has Legs said...

Hi Karen,

Yey! You got your own blog going. Don't worry we bloggers dont really pass judgement on one another...just motivation. So, did you swim or run today? How's about biking?

Fish has Legs said...

Hi Karen,


Whoa, you did a whole tri...Im impressed...much better than I did
Didnt go to the gym but I went to the outdoor masters but they closed the pool due to lightening and thunder. Darn!
I got my lifeguard training today so I think Ill get enough exercise for 4 days.
I know how you feel about church. I couldnt find one either. Its hard there....hmmmm...heres the revival site that you can log on to. I watch it almost everynight. Its crazy though...I dont know if youre into that kind of thing. But worship is soooooooo good. Its broadcasted live everyday and night

10am EST - www.ignitedchurch.org

7 pm EST - www.god.tv/florida