Sunday, June 15, 2008

MY NEW BLOG

Well Randy has been at me to start a blog, so..........
I've been hesitating to start one because it would be weird for people to read my thoughts, and because sometimes I feel like my life is so boring.

Randy started getting interested in triathlons several months ago and although I want to do them too, I'm not as dedicated with my training as Randy. It's so hard to work all day and then try to train when you are exhausted from work. So, I started getting up early (while it's still dark out) to go running. I found that I arrive at work feeling more invigorated and ready for a long day of work than when I don't get up to run.

Randy goes swimming at the pool with me two evenings a week and we go to Steve Borowski's swimming 101 class on Wednesday mornings. We also usually do ocean swimming on weekends. Learning to swim has been interesting but I think I'm finally starting to get the breathing and stroke half way down. Now to work on distance.

Biking is my favorite part and I don't do it enough. I usually just ride on my indoor trainer in front of the TV or occasionally with a book in hand. I think it helps with my endurance but it doesn't help much with the hill climbing. Hills are what I need a LOT of work on. That and riding in the wind.

So, Randy, here is the blog you've been prompting my to start. Happy Father's Day, and thank you for being so encouraging all the time.

2 comments:

Randy said...

It's about time ... Good job. I love you.

From Mr. Encouragement

Debbie said...

Great Blog Karen, Hope your training goes well. You and Randy are such an inspiration.