Saturday, November 15, 2008

SO THE DOC SAYS.......

I went to the doctor yesterday and she said that I have swelling and strained muscles in my back and shoulder. She put me on light duty at work. No lifting anything over ten pounds. I don't know how I will get my job done at work. A lot of my freight weighs a lot more than ten pounds. Like all those Christmas trees and heavy cases of lights.
She is also ordering PT but she said workers comp takes about a week to approve it so I'll be hearing from a PT in about a week.
What I think is strange about the whole thing is that I don't know how I fell. I fell about three feet, straight back and landed on my back. I just happened to be right under a camera and the upper management has seen the video but every time I ask one of them about it, and how I fell, they say they're not the one that saw the video.
However, after I fell, they took every ladder in the store and examined them all and threw away several defective ladders.
So my question is, was I on a defective ladder? Is that why I fell? I had people on the safety committee tell me that there have been several ladder accidents but this is the first time they checked out all the ladders for defects.
I go back to the doc in two weeks and hopefully I will be better by then. I think the reason my back still hurts so bad, is from all the heavy lifting I have been having to do at work.
Anyway, I really want to be better so I can start training for Lavaman. I only have fifteen days left until I start training.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh Karen, I didn't know the details about your accident at work. You really took quite a spill didn't you?.I hope you follow the Doctors orders about the lifting. In my job I have to deal with all the acidents and accident reports that happen at work. Did you take a doctors notice to them about your restrictions? If you did and they allow you to work outside of those orders and you reinjure or hurt yourself worse, they will be responsible.You should ask to see the tape of your accident if you haven't already, (take a witness with you) you have a right to see it, unless they are investigating it. You want to make sure and gather all the evidence you can, such as, associates saying things about defective ladders, no managers admitting to seeing the tape, etc. You may need it if WC tries to deny you your benefits. I really hope they do not give you any problems. Hope you start feeling better really fast. Take care love ya Deb

Jay & Amy said...

I hope you recover quickly. I will be praying for you! Love, Amy

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) said...

I just think over the long run you would be better doing a different occupation, like writing of some sort. I tried to think what the heaviest thing I had to lift was at my "work" and it is usually a ball point pen or occasionally a pack of photocopy paper. No wonder I can focus on my swimming.

Marilyn and Robert said...

Its all about the posts you know wheres the new one???? I hope you will be all better soon and def look at the tape like Deb says. Big companies big cover ups. If you know what I mean. love ya