Friday, November 21, 2008

LEFTOVERS

I love making Thanksgiving dinner, mostly for the leftovers. Turkey dinner with all the trimmings, turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey pot pie, turkey for a week until you're so sick of it you don't crave it again for a whole year. And while the turkey's cookin' we're goin' down to the pier to do some ocean swimming. Our Thanksgiving tradition. I haven't been swimming since I fell off the ladder and so maybe our Thanksgiving swim will be the first day of my training for Lavaman.
Here's to all of you making turkey dinner, and to all of you just eating turkey dinner, and to all of you who aren't planning on having turkey dinner- let us know. We'll have plenty to share.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Really Cute Karen. I probably wont cook Turkey cause Kim's not a big fan. But I will Problably eat some turkey before the day is over. I'm making dinner and then our tradition is going to the movies. Denise has opened a blog of her own. She hasn't posted anything yet but here is her address. http://denise69.blogspot.com/. Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. Enjoy your swim. (I am Jealous, it's very cold here)

Fish has Legs said...

Uh, Im so there...save a seat for me please! YUmmy...

How is your back? I am hoping it will be all better by thanksgiving. Is peaman still doing the turkey swim???? Anyways, I hope you have a good time in that nice blue clear hawaiian water...take it easy.

MRI results will be next week. I think Im going in the water to just float on my back or swim with one arm...one arm bandit. I think im going to do that.

Hope all is well...I have more PT next week...ughhhhhhhhh...Im trying to enjoy the whole process.

Love ya.

Fish has Legs said...

Save the turkey soup for next year!

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) said...

Wish I could eat some of your turkey, too. I'm kinda busy this year and will hardly notice that Thanksgiving has passed. The recession has made me busier than ever! Happy Thanksgiving Day!