Sunday, August 24, 2008

TIME TRIAL

Today was the First Annual Wahine (women's) Bike Time Trial in Kona. We met at the bottom of the Palisades and rode North on the Queen K.
Leaving the starting point at 30 second intervals, eight women who participated in the race, each rode ten miles.
I felt like I had a terrible ride, was nauseated the whole time, hit a wall at the 8 mile mark where I felt like I was going to pass out, but all in all, my average was 17.9 mph, my best ever for this ride. Those hills kill my average. I always say I need hill work but never do anything about it.
I guess if I want to do Lava Man or Honu next year, I HAVE to hit those hills once in awhile and more often starting in December.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I think your time sounds pretty good. Hills are soooo hard. Have you heard of "Positive Thinking". Maybe it will help give you that extra push. Good luck with your training Karen, I bet you will do very good with Lava Man and Honu.Hope you have a wonderful trip next week. Say Hello and Congratulations To Daniel for us.

Fish has Legs said...

OMG...you are fast...17 mph...holy smokes. Welcome to world of nausea feelings, passing out, and all and all not feeling good. I think you did absolutely great!!! Keep it up!

LeAnn

ariel said...

hey i heard about your time trial - congratulations, it looks like you did really good.

Randy said...

You did awesome Karen. Wait till we get you a real bike. Love you.

Debbie said...

I know I think Ben is gettting really cute too.Kim didn't make it tothe reunion either, he had to leave on Monday. David was Dee Dee's Husband. So he would be our uncle. Are there lots of parents getting together for the recuits?

Fish has Legs said...

Im only here til Saturday then its back to reality...darn.

KC is really nice and IHOP is good. Lots of young people praying and ministering to Lord...it really good.

Fish has Legs said...

I just read Randys comment...whats a real bike...what are you using?

Fish has Legs said...

How tall are you? I have a bike I never ever use.