Sunday, February 8, 2009

TRAINING DAYS

Okay, I haven't been on blogspot forever. Well 21 days to be exact. Sorry. I've been so busy training that I don't do much on my computer these days. I usually get on just long enough to check out myspace and facebook to see what everyone is up to, and to make sure that Forrest and Stacey remain my pets on 'Own Your Friends' on myspace (lol Marilyn, and Deb, I know you finally signed up for facebook but you HAVE to get a myspace account also). Besides that, I haven't had time to do much else on the computer.
I'm going to sign up for Lavaman this week although I need a lot of work still before the race. I've increased my training already but am planning on increasing it even more starting tomorrow so you'll probably hear even less from me for awhile.
My swimming is going well. I'm still slow but not quite as slow as I was at the beginning of January. I've been swimming 2000 yards every Mon., Wed., and Friday after work and try to get in some swimming on the weekends too.
The last three weekends have been busy with a Peaman event three weeks ago, a 1/2 mile swim followed by a 3.1 run; a Team Mango event last weekend with a 1/2 mile swim, followed by a 15 mile hilly bike ride, followed by a six mile run; and this weekend was a 10 mile bike time trial on Saturday and another Peaman event on Sunday (today), consisting of a 5.25 mile run.
I did terrible on all the events over the last 3 weekends but I finished them all and I guess I'm happy I did them even if I did bad. For me they were all just training days for my ultimate goal- Lavaman, and hopefully by doing them I will be stronger for the Lavaman race.
Oh well, enough of my ramblings. For all of you training for triathlons, or swim meets, or bike races, or marathons, or whatever else, good luck, and happy training, and for all of you not doing any training, you're missing out, and I encourage you to start some sort of exercise program because it really does make you feel good. Physically and mentally (even though it is painful). Lol!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Karen ,
Nice to see you back on the old blog.I haven't wrote on mine for awhile either. I have been very busy with trucking stuff. What a challenge to figure out how to keep our truck running with repairs and all the year end permits and registration and insurance that are due. The kicker is there are no loads. No one is buying frieght now. It is a struggle for sure. We almost thru in the towel. But the biggest problem is no one is hiring so Kim can't find anything else to do. So we are forced kind of to stick with it. Hopefully this week will prove to be better. Good luck with your training, you have a lot of initiative and attitude. Miss you guys alot, have a good week.

Jay & Amy said...

Does training for labor count? hehe....I'm trying water aerobics tonight. I'm sure I'll look like a sight with my big belly in my bikini!