Sunday, January 18, 2009

ANOTHER PERFECT DAY IN PARADISE

Today was another great day. It started out with a 21 mile bike ride followed by a short run on the beach. We saw the monk seal again on the beach and saw the largest sea turtle I have ever seen, also sunbathing in the sand.
I was exhausted after the bike ride and run and came home for awhile to rest. I would have stayed home for the rest of the day but our son Aaron got off work at 2:00 again and wanted to go out to the End of the World. I really didn't want to, my body was so tired and achy, but we hardly ever get a chance to hang out with Aaron so we decided to go.
It was an amazing trip. We saw the largest waves that I have ever seen. The thundering sound they created as they crashed into the cliffs was incredible. Then to top things off, we saw whales. I've never seen whales in Hawaii and have always said that I would never move from here until I saw one. I was so excited to finally see some. We also saw another beautiful sunset. Aaron took tons of pictures. Randy and I wished that we would have brought cameras also, but I did take a couple of pictures on my cell phone.


Me watching the large Honu


The monk seal we saw two days in a row


Randy, whale watching


Aaron waiting for a new set of waves to take pics of


A wave at the End of the World

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Your pictures are so real looking I can almost hear the sound of the Ocean when I hold my computer to my ear.

BreeWee said...

NICE race today! I am so happy for you! Incredible, you made the swim in 27 minutes... well done! BE PROUD OF THAT!