Thursday, February 26, 2009

ONLY 31 DAYS

It's getting close. My first olympic distance triathlon, the Lavaman. I'm getting excited but scared at the same time. I've been training hard, and know that I can do it. A few weeks ago I wasn't so sure. But riding the Lavaman bike course as often as I can and running longer distance runs have given me much needed confidence. I think the swim scares me the most but I've been swimming a lot and know I can do it.
There's only thirteen slots left, out of 800, so if you're planning on racing in Lavaman you better sign up soon.
Hope to see you out there...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Only thirteen places left huh. How many total are there. I wish I could be there to cheer you on. Is it televised? Keep going strong Karen. I bet you feel better and stronger than you ever have.

Marilyn and Robert said...

Karen I will be cheerin you on from sunny florida. Still think you should come see me. We could get Deb to come and we could do a girls vaca would be fun huh?? miss ya