Saturday, January 17, 2009

HIGH SURF, CLEAR SUNNY SKIES, AND AN INCREDIBLE DAY

Today was the most incredible day. It started out with a quick trip to Starbucks for hot chocolate, a drive down Alii drive to look at the surf, followed by Randy, Rebecca and I going out to the energy lab where we took photos of the high surf. The waves exploding against lava rock were amazing.
We took lots of photos and had planned on running on the beach afterward, but decided instead to get Rebecca out of the sun.

Right after we got home, Aaron got home from work so the four us us made a trip to the movies to watch Mall Cop. It was a pretty good movie and had some pretty funny scenes.

Then it was time for our run that we had been putting off all day. We decided to go to the harbor and run on the beach. Turtle Beach, we like to call it, since there's almost always turtles on the beach bathing in the sun. We were running along in the sand, me dying as usual, Randy running up ahead of me when we heard a strange bark, and then saw a Monk seal sunbathing on the beach, instead of the usual turtles. Randy got a short video of it which I'm sure he'll post on his blog or on facebook. It was so cool seeing a seal here. It's the first one we've seen in the three years we've been here.
Sand running is a LOT harder than running on the road. I was dying and my thighs felt like rubber, or lead, or rubbery lead. My heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest. But it was a blast. After about a 45 minute run, we noticed that the sun was getting low so we stopped and watched a beautiful sunset together.
What a great way to end a perfect day. A sunset on the beach in paradise with the one you love. Ahhhh, life couldn't be any better.

These are some of the photos I took at the Energy Lab. Randy let me use one of his good work cameras. It's amazing what a good camera can do. I think I want one!





















2 comments:

Fish has Legs said...

I requested you as my friend for myspace.

Debbie said...

I love your photos. I just posted a few from our coast and boy are they sad in comparison. I love the color of your water there.