Friday, January 2, 2009

HOW COME PAIN CAN FEEL SO GOOD?

Ahhhhh! I'm feelin' good. Tired, sore, but good. After working an all night shift, (1:15am to 9:45am), Randy and I went on a bike ride. The most I've been riding since my injury has been 15 miles at a time, have only ridden that twice, last weekend, and the weekend before, AND I have only been averaging about 13mph.
Today I rode 20 miles and Randy rode 26 miles. My average was 15.1 which still isn't great, but much better than I've been doing. I finished just a couple minutes before Randy, so he must have been really booking.
The ride felt great. It hurt, but I pushed myself on the hills which is probably why my average went up. I have always hated hills but this year I'm trying to get myself to like them, to push myself on them, so that I will be a stronger rider.
So now I sit here at my computer, every muscle in my body aching, but I'm FEELIN' GOOD!

1 comment:

Randy said...

Good job! Way to push yourself, and me.