Sunday, December 14, 2008

FEELIN' GOOD


Randy and I went swimming at the pool this morning and then on a 14 mile bike ride. "Coach" Randy made me spin the whole ride and keep my cadence between 85 and 95. I have always hated looking at my cadence. I prefer to see how fast I'm riding and I can't see the mph and cadence both at once. Soooo, I NEVER look at my cadence. We rode from the pool out to the airport and the ride out seemed more like a warm up than anything. I'm so used to riding the hard gears, so spinning all the way out seemed easy. We took it pretty easy anyway. Randy had me practice unclipping one foot from the pedal at a time and ride with one leg. That was hard at first but got a little easier. Not much though. Don't know why anyone would want to ride with one leg at a time anyway!!!!

The ride back was a blast. I felt like I had a really good workout and I kept my cadence at about 90 the whole time. The uphills seemed easier than usual which I thought would be a killer since I haven't been out on the road for a few months, and on the trainer only three times this month, and not at all for a few months before that.

It felt so good to be out on the road. I didn't realize how much I missed it until today. Hopefully I'll be a little more cheerful using the indoor trainer this week knowing how much stronger it'll make me for my next road ride next weekend.

5 comments:

Marilyn and Robert said...

wanna borrow my purple disney princess bike????lol Wish I could get in shape need the motivation after all I need to keep young since Robert is 14 years younger or he just might find someone else. Nah I hope not anyway. You are looking good Karen I'm proud of you. love ya

Fish has Legs said...

Teach me how to ride and Ill teach you how to fish. I sooooo suck at riding on the road. I prefer Kym Kisers spinning class. Shes the best!!! Great news...!!!

Debbie said...

You look really good Karen, I am very happy you are feeling so well. I love the pica RAndy posted of your house. You look very Christmassy.

Randy said...

You did great that day. keep it up sweetie.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about the riding using only one leg comment! But I guess it gives each leg a harder workout.

Reading your post makes me want to take my racing wheelchair there for a nice run when I get it. I'm from Canada and we have a ton of snow and another storm on the way today. Hurry up spring!